Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Memories in images and words of a beloved prophet

BYU put this slide-show tribute together on their homepage

"My beloved friends..."



I'll miss him. His humor his leadership, his unwaivering faith, testimony and optimism, his concern and compassion towards all people, LDS or not, how he always brought the best out of us, encouraged us to stand a little taller and "be" our best, his stern but loving council, how he always pressed forward despite health, sorrow or opposition. How he reminded us continually, like the book of Mormon prophets of old, to remember the struggles of the generations before us, the pioneers and early saints, and to also remember the many mercies and blessings that the Lord poured out upon those faithful. His was an example of a Christ like life thoroughly endured to the end. How lucky we were to live at this time. I can only imagine the celebration going on in heaven and the happiness.

1 comment:

annie said...

great post, doug! well said. I love that photo.