Sunday, March 23, 2008

It's Not Easter!



I don't care what those sun and/or moon worshippers say. Easter is in April. I will be celebrating in 2 weeks if anyone cares to join me, the date seems to be arbitrary anyway. That and I was caught completely off guard and missed this one mostly, since when does it happen in march?

Holidays are interesting things. They seem to slow down time in a good way. Other wise it just goes by so fast. Without any family around or anyone to celebrate with, after Christmas the last 3 months have pretty much flown by. Ground hogs day, Valentines, St. Patricks, Easter all passed with out me even noticing. Hopefully if I get a job soon I'll be out to California or Washington and a little closer to family so we can celebrate together.

By the way. I got a call back from Pixar Friday! It doesn't guarantee anything but this is big. About 30 people interviewed, ten of us got call backs and typically, in the past few years, 2-3 will be hired. So nothing certain but I'm still in the chase.

So I'm having the second interview with them Monday at 4pm over the phone with 4 of the head guys at the studio. When I was told who I'd be interviewing with I about fell off my chair. I'm kinda freaked. They're the original technical artist's that actually started Pixar, who built it from the ground up. They literally wrote Pixar's software and the books we read to learn it. Tomorrow I'm going to have to explain how I used their software to make the things i did in my demo reel and why they should even consider hiring me. I've been studying up on them and reading their reasearch papers, it's pretty insane what these guys can do, and not only what they can do but the fact that they thoroughly understand the processes that allow them to do what they do. They're like masters of light and its properties and effects. Light Ninjas!

Wish me luck! And Happy week before Easter!

1 comment: